Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm Painting Again!



After a two month lull, I'm back to painting again. I'm channeling my restless energy into a brush and palette. Checking out some art at First Friday last night with my very good artist friend Martin Campos also helped to trigger the painter bug in me to bite again.

I'm continuing with the concert series based on the photography of my good friend Thom. I'm keeping this one totally different than the others. The others are very still shots. I want to keep this one full of energy with loose brush strokes. It will be another fun experiment.

3 comments:

jill said...

Glad to see you painting again. This is my absolute favorite of the concert series!!! It's awesome... the colors, motion and everything!

Amanda E. Maglio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, I was just checking your website to leave a comment that you have too much talent to give up painting for even a week, let alone 2 months!

You're latest paintings are wonderful!

<3 Mandy

PS: My gmail was acting up so I am trying to re-post my comment.